Sunday 23 October 2016

Tried and Tested Tip Number 32 [Autumnal Doodle Leaves]

http://creativechaosart.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/tried%20and%20tested

I love the countryside. I may not be such a big fan of insects and creepy crawlies, but I really enjoy collecting leaves, branches, shells, and other goodies! I have been really admiring some of the artwork I have seen on the internet over recent years that take these natural creations and work with them to create pieces of art - even if sometimes they are temporary.


I recently found this beautiful autumnal leaf lying on the grass. It had turned brown, but was still fresh enough to not crumble under my touch. Since I had my favourite white (Gelly Roll) and black (Pilot Hi-Tecpoint) pens with me I decided to draw on it right then and there! I treated the leaf just like a page in my sketchbook, but worked with the shape of the leaf to make a complimentary pattern. At the end of the day, if you're drawing on a leaf and you don't like how it turns out, you can just pick up another leaf! I love that you can see the veins and markings still, but with another design laid over the top.


I think this is a really good practise for people to learn to experiment with different mediums and test their boundaries, but also very feasible to do with children. What else can you find to draw on?! There are no consequences if it goes wrong, so you can have fun and experiment whilst enjoying nature. And if you love what you create, they can be turned into a mobile, a garland, or other decorations.

http://creativechaosart.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/tried%20and%20tested

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...