Wednesday 29 June 2016

Birthday Blues Card


The men in my family rarely fit a classic "masculine card theme". I like to try and go more abstract, looking at colours and textures. The "Happy Birthday" panel is a piece from an old Craftseller magazine, which you are probably pretty used to by now! [The free pages in those magazines have offered me a new world of colours and patterns, which I am hoping to explore further...] I carefully cut around the plaque, before mounting it on hammered ivory paper, and a beautiful, slightly sparkly, finely corrugated, slate grey card. The background panel is a cut-off from a larger piece of abstract watercolour art I did a few years ago. I always try and keep offcuts, as you never know when they'll be useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...