Sunday 17 January 2016

Star Wars: Jabba the Hutt


After making Salacious Crumb, I felt that it would be a bit out of place to have him on his own without Jabba the Hutt! I was hoping to use Lucy Ravenscar's pattern, but it is only available in her new book, and having purchased her other patterns via Etsy I have no wish to purchase an entire book for one pattern!!


So I referenced some photos of amigurumi crochet Jabbas on Google, and some pictures of Jabba himself, and made this pattern up as I went along. I created shaping using various hdc and dc, increasing and decreasing to create the mass of skin, before finished with a few strands of wool pulled through the figure to hold the folds in place. I think it is really effective, and I was pleased to manage to create Jabba's shape in a single piece, only joining the arms.


Here's Jabba the Hutt with Salacious Crumb:


And Slave Leia too, to give a sense of scale between the pieces in my collection.


Be sure to check out all the amigurumi crochet Star Wars characters I have made here!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. This is one of the most awesome crafts I have seen--I love your Star Wars characters! Featuring at our Super Saturday post today--really cool! Hope you can stop by! http://twochicksandamom.blogspot.com/2016/01/super-saturday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a free pattern for Jabba the Hutt?

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...