Wednesday 1 July 2015

Letterpress Pyrography


Well, I don't think anyone can deny that my blog is varied!!

I have recently been experimenting with pyrography, on scrap wood, and on some wooden spoons. It is taking some getting used to, to control the burning iron, and make it do what I want, but it is enjoyable!


With my Dad's birthday recently, and him running The Silver Birch Press, I decided it was appropriate for him to have a personalised inking roller, and managed to burn the silver birch logo on to the handle! The handle has been pre-varnished, so the fumes were a bit toxic, but the effect is lovely. I'm really pleased with how this came out, and I think I prefer burning images where the lines don't need to be perfect! When my husband saw the finished piece he started looking for things he wanted decorating, so I think I might be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...