Friday 15 February 2013

Gingerbread Hearts with Hidden Treats


When I saw these Valentine's Heart Cookie Boxes over at Glorious Treats, I knew I had to try something similar!


I used gingerbread instead of sugar cookies because my husband prefers it, and I had run out of eggs! I used my favourite gingerbread recipe, from the old children's cook book, We Can Cook - it's really simple and produces a lovely soft, tasty biscuit.


I cut the shapes out before cooking, and stacked quite a few layers together to leave plenty of room for some Galaxy Minstrels! I "glued" the layers together with milk chocolate.


A simple but cute little bake :)

8 comments:

  1. What an amazing idea - it looks sooooo yummy too...mmm gingerbread and chocolate!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant! I am going to pin that for next year :)

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! It is really simple to make :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  3. Look very tasty and more importantly the look nice too - always a quality I like to see in a special biscuit. you are a talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been nominated for a Liebster Award ! Please go to my site to find out more details . Congrats! http://weliveinspired.com/inspiration-station/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...