Saturday 29 September 2012

The Younger Years V


Growing up, my family had quite a few pets - a budgie, a bunny, and four goldfish to be precise! I believe this to be an early painting of my childhood bunny, Flopsy.

Pet Portraits are one of my main focusses now. Time may pass between them, but it is a skill which I have developed more than most, and which I intend to pursue much further.

It's fascinating to see my beginnings. I would love to make a comment on how I have attempted to capture the texture of the fur with my brush strokes, but I was probably just loathe to paint the whole page black/use up all my paint... I never wanted to run out!!


A somewhat more recent drawing! And yes, one of my current bunnies is called Flopsy too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...