Sunday 15 July 2012

Inspire: Humanae

As I mentioned, every other weekend I am going to feature work by artists who have been inspiring me.

Design Fetish recently featured Angelica Dass' current work in progress, Humanae.


Inspired by the Pantone colour scheme, Angelica Dass is aiming to "record and catalog all possible human skin tones".




Portraiture has been done so much, that to see a new take on it is really exciting. I love how this project is celebrating every colour and tone of skin, and appreciating the differences between us all. However, every person is having their identity taken away, and being replaced with a Pantone colour code, instead. I love knowing that each of these people exist in this world. They each have their own lives, own stories, own families... Their own battles and achievements. And yet here? They are simply represented by a Pantone colour code. All equal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...