Monday 13 February 2012

The Art of the Printing Press

Part of my Dad's type collection.

If you were following my blog back before I joined blogspot, you might remember a post I did about my Dad's Arab Platen Printing Press. (If you haven't seen it, go have a look at it with bigger pictures here - it's a fascinating insight into a world long forgotten.)

So, why do I mention it now? Well, my Dad was on Britain's Heritage Heroes on BBC2 tonight. You can see John Craven and Jules Hudson arrive at Gwasg G (one of the multiple places Dad helps out with) at about 12:07, and my Dad comes on about 15:10, and helps John Craven print his name using a proofing press! Very exciting to see the art of the printing press being given time on TV.

 Using my Dad's printing press at my parent's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...