Saturday, 13 January 2018

Pink Floral Birthday Card


I made this lovely pretty birthday card for my Mum, using my Cricut. I used a textured cream card as the base, and cut it using design #M21136F in Cricut's Design Space. I also cut it out again in a dark pink pearl paper, and cut out individual flowers for highlights. I even used some leftover flowers to pretty up the envelope (apparently I need some cream envelopes, I could only find white in my cupboard!) I used my Cricut to write "happy birthday" on to pale pink paper in Cricut Sans, and added miniature silver gems to the dark pink flowers for added interest. I love how effective and feminine this card is, and I love that my Cricut allows me to guarantee neat writing on my cards - no more slipping hands!

Wednesday, 10 January 2018

Papercut Thank You Card


I made this card quite early in my Cricut adventure-ing. Hence the tiny crease where it shouldn't be...! The papercut is done in this amazing dark blue/gold card my Dad gave me - you can see how much it changes depending upon the light. The colourful background is from my favourite collection of marble printable papers, and there's some gold liquid pearls for accents :)

Sunday, 7 January 2018

Oriental Fan Card


I wouldn't say that this card fits my typical style aesthetic, but the recipient was really pleased with it! The background has a piece of tan coloured fine fibre paper (I'm sure there's a proper name for it?!) The fan is cut using the pattern "Japanese Fan" which is available in the Cricut design space, using card from my stash and some free printable floral paper. I added accents using raffia, golden beads, and golden Liquid Pearls! It is on a textured cream card stock rather than my usual smooth white, as I thought it worked better with this colour scheme.

Friday, 5 January 2018

Our Generation Doll Mermaid Tail Blankets


When I was making Our Generation doll clothes last year, I found a pattern for doll-size mermaid tail blankets and knew I had to make one each for my niece's OG dolls.


I found this lovely wool, James C. Brett's Marble, and just knew it would look a bit like shimmery mermaid scales! The lighter tail is in shade MT45, and the darker tail is in MT41. Because it is double knitting wool and the pattern uses bulky, I had to adapt both the number of stitches and the number of rows. I used a 10mm hook with 2 strands of DK, and each mermaid tail took less than one ball of wool.


The back has a slight opening to help fit the doll in, and they're quite forgiving in terms of fitting other dolls and even teddies inside them! They make up quite quickly too, so I'm really pleased with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...